Friday 2 September 2011

Seaford Cottage Artwave Show

Seaford Cottage is open again this weekend and is full of a selection of artworks including my sculptures and lettercarved pieces. As you can see from Viv Blakeys beautiful photograph that the location is stunning! I will be there all day saturday and intend to eat cake! Vivs cakes are a delight.








The above piece is of a cliff with the lines 'I must go down to the seas again,the lonely seas and sky'
It is in portland stone and is placed in Vivs garden with the view of the Cuckmere Valley and sea beyond.
I also have some botanical and figurative work there.


The Alphabet was well used at the Private View and after copious amounts of Prosecco being consumed I noticed the letters now read Forest Gump! Interesting what you can come up with a single alphabet!

I often get commissions to carve a whole word on a single pebble like Love, Peace and Joy, perfect gifts for weddings.
To mark the Artwave event I am offering a lettercarved pebble with the initial of your choice. To win let me know what word is important enough for you to set in stone!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely giveaway. For me, it would have to be 'home'. It's where I spend my days, it's where my heart is, and it's where my baby boy was born. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! Hopefully I will be able to pop by and see the exhibition!
    Now what would I choose...... possibly the word Dream so that when I hold the pebble and my fingers are touching the word I can dream away to a peaceful beautiful world!
    Emx

    ReplyDelete